Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kyocera Mandoline

Yesterday I purchased a Kyocera mandoline from The Gourmet Depot in San Francisco. This store is a fantastic spot to find replacement parts for kitchen appliances and for other random cooking needs. I had to go to the store because somehow I managed to lose the dough hook for my mixer. Naturally, I found another product while waiting for the store clerk to locate the replacement.

Similar to the knives I posted about previously, this product uses a ceramic blade - actually a double ceramic blade. This enables the mandoline to make extremely thin slices by cutting on the "down" as well as the "up" motion.

This product will be great for making potato chips, pizza toppings, or sandwich fillings. Thus far I have only tested the product on a tomato, but I was very pleased with the results. I will update my review of this product as my experience with it continues.

You can find this product for about $20. While a knife works just as well, it does speed up the food preparation process.

No comments:

Post a Comment